Joy: February Link-Up

1.29.2017 |

It seems like yesterday the ball dropped and we issued in 2017; however, here we are welcoming in February.  This month's link-up theme is JOY.
"You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of JOY; At your right hand are pleasures forevermore."
- Psalm 16:11

Joy is described as a feeling of great pleasure or happiness.  The fullness of JOY is only found in total surrender to Christ.  This means giving up control, yielding to the Lord's will, submitting to his Lordship; and in the process, receiving and experiencing the ultimate joy of freedom.


It's no surprise to anyone that life changes quicker than the seasons.  Sometimes those changes are expected, and sometimes they aren't.  Regardless, life continues and we must adapt.  This past month our second child, Piper Joy, was born.  For as much as you can prepare your home, heart, routine, and attitude for a new addition to your family, you never are prepared until you get thrown into it first hand.  We can read all the books, get all the advice, go to all the prenatal classes, and even practice taking care of little ones; but it in no way compares to living out the daily grind of a changed life.

If there is one thing I have learned in the past two weeks since Piper's arrival, is I have to actively choose joy.  I have to actively seek joy.  I have to commit to patience. I have to demonstrate patience.  I have to call upon the Lord.  I have to rely fully on the Lord.
"The meek shall obtain fresh JOY in the Lord, and the poor among mankind shall exult in the Holy One of Israel."
- Isaiah 29:19

My husband is such a thoughtful, gentle, and strong man.  He knows how difficult it is for me to be content in my sacrifice to be a stay-at-home-mom, but he also knows it is a daily struggle for me to rest in the peace of Christ, exhibit joy in my attitude, and deal patiently in my speech.  He's seen the tears and he's heard the cries.  When Piper was born, he presented me with a homemade prayer project.  He created a guide with a bible verse each day for me to prayer over for Piper, Ezra, and myself.  Each verse has to do with JOY since that is Piper's middle name.  After praying over these verses the last couple days, it has been amazing to see Christ provide strength in care-taking, soften my speech, and definitely provide JOY despite the thunderous cries, shotty routines, cranky toddler and milk-guzzling newborn, and a blown out diaper.
Our daughter Piper Joy has brought a fresh perspective of what it means to have JOY in our lives and what it means to rely on Christ for strength, joy, and patience.  I am grateful for this change in our lives.  It has truly brought great pleasure and happiness, but I only get to experience this joy to the fullest extent because my life belongs to Christ Jesus.




Are you linking up this month?

If you do decide to participate, please put one of the buttons on your page so others will be sent to the link-up and can link their posts too. (More button options HERE, if you don't like any of them, feel free to make your own.)


  • Any link that is unrelated to the specific topic or does not link back to this blog will be deleted. 
  • Make sure you give some love to at least 2 other bloggers who have linked their posts.  I will be reading and commenting on each link that is left. YAY!  Remember, it's about community. 
  • This link-up with expire on February 10.
  • If you tag me in your post on Twitter, I will retweet you! (#linkupJOY and @noodlenay42)










No comments

Post a Comment