the rearview mirror: 2014

1.12.2015 |

january
we rang in 2014 while sledding in ohio with mark's family.
we cheered on our NFL teams at buffalo wild wings for the divisional round. poor colts.
loren threw me a bridal shower and my sister surprised me in starkville.

february
february was a slow month.
i made final preparations for the wedding and we celebrated valentines day at chicfila

march
the youth group threw mark and i a surprise wedding shower
i got married to my best friend
we went to ocho rios, jamaica for our honeymoon

april
mark got inducted into the society of scholars at MSU
mark played a roman guard in our easter play
we went to lots of MSU baseball
we took a weekend getaway to atlanta
mark was my date to the high school prom

may
we got our first house
i graduated with my masters
mark graduated with his bachelors
we had lots of cookouts with friends out our house
russell and julie got married

june
went to daytona beach with mark's family
we took the youth group to north carolina for a mission trip
my best friend, hannah, got married

july
my parents had a welcome home party for us in indiana
we celebrated america's independence with my family
aubrey got married to her best friend, jacob
we took the youth group to clinton, ms for Super Summer camp #greenuniversity #GU
we met cassie and matt in louisville, ky (first time in real life)
we took a weekend trip to memphis
mark started seminary

august
school started back
i helped lead FCA at the high school
i helped out with the high school cross-country team


september
celebrated 6 months of marriage with the best meal around: chickfila
i visited my parent's lake house for the first time while mark was at seminary
my sister surrendered her life to christ
we went to the MSU vs LSU football game (my first time ever going to an away football game)
i received an outstanding teacher award

october
we went to lots and lots of MSU football.  God provided so many tickets!
college game day and SEC nation came to starkville
MSU was #1 in the CFP
we took the high school youth group to lake tiaokhata for fall retreat
savannah and bobby d got married
we went to the pumpkin patch....and it was 86 degrees. blah.
we threw a black-light dodgeball tournament for the youth group, and the team i was on (#terminators) WON!


november
mark's parents came to starkville
my sister came to starkville
mark made me a home-made cake (FUNFETTI!) for my 25th birthday
my parents came to starkville!
we took the youth group to a memphis grizzlies' game
we spent thanksgiving with my parents
mark and i tried pickled beets for the first time (gross)
mark visited st. louis for the first time
i started working for itworks! to help mark pay for seminary

december
couples christmas cookie decorating party with our sunday school class
we got a new car!
amy, my sister in law, got engaged to justin
we saw the gainesville christmas festival at westside baptist church
we got our eyes examined (haha, finally)
we built gingerbread houses with our friends alex and rachel
we hosted our sunday school christmas party after christmas caroling at the nursing homes
kenan and katie got married!
we went (gl)ice skating and to the zoo with mark's family and rang in the new year with sparkling grape juice and a sweet kiss.



happy 2015 everyone





No comments

Post a Comment