beating

4.24.2012 |

jesus is the victor of my soul and the captain of my heart, but it wasn't always this way. i have 'loved' countless individuals and given pieces of heart away only to personally receive hurt, shame, defeat, disgust, brokeness.  but now, i am striving to guard this fragile heart of mine and determined to actively purse a deeper, more passionate relationship with my Lover, who rescued me from the clutches of Death and Shame.  i want Jesus to claim His space in my heart, it is only fully reserved for the One.



"for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." 
matthew 6:21

"above all else, guard your heart, for it affects everything you do." 
proverbs 4:23






1 comment

  1. I hope you continue to write this blog for a hundred years. It's hard not to get discouraged sometimes looking back at so many mistakes, missteps, and just outright sins but whenever I stop by to check on your blog I usually find something to remind me that its a lifelong process. Thanks for your words Renee and the pictures ain't half bad either. ;)

    ReplyDelete