five for friday

4.25.2014 |

this post is inspired by my friend cassie.

1 | ONE: 
prom is this weekend and i am required to go as a chaperone.  this will be one of the few times in my adult life that i actually get to get dolled up (age appropriate now) and have a night on the town.  mark will be going with me.  i asked him to go to prom with me and he said yes, then he second-thought himself knowing the msu baseball plays saturday night. he's going.

2 | TWO:
kroger brand black-cherry fruit on the bottom yogurt is literally the best thing since sliced bread.  it is the right combination of sweet and milky.  you should try it.

3 | THREE:
after a 10-month hiatus of running, i finally laced back up.  i am averaging about 25 miles a week right now.  i should be going steadily up in the next few weeks with a road race hopefully near the end of may.  i really miss my track teammates at mississippi state.  recently i have tried to leave work ASAP to make it to the track before their workout ends so i can finish with them.  this not only gives me motivation to keep running, but it reminds me that friendships formed on the track are so valuable and unmatched.
4 | FOUR:
i love spontaneous trips.  last weekend mark and i drove to atlanta for easter weekend and bought city passes.  this city pass included tickets to: the zoo, the georgia aquarium, the museum of natural history, the world of coca-cola, and a tour of the cnn building.  we got to do everything but the cnn building because the tours were "sold out."  it was such a great trip filled with a lot of fun, but rainy, memories.  we ate at the original varsity which is a burger joint.  if you have never been there, you truly are missing an experience of a life time.

5 | FIVE:
"do not walk in the statutes of your fathers, not keep their rules, nor defile yourselves with their idols.  i am the Lord your God; walk in my statutes, and be careful to obey my rules, and keep my Sabbaths holy that they may be a sign between me and you, that you may know that i am the Lord your God." --ezekiel 20:18-20
"so flee from youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart. have nothing to do with foolish, ignorant controversies; you know that they breed quarrels. and the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents with gentleness.  God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil,after being captured by him to do his will." -2 timothy 2:22-26
i have to remember that because i am so outspoken about my faith that people are watching me as a Christ-follower to see how i react to situations and treat people.




1 comment

  1. I love this, thanks for joining in. I've also been on a massive running hiatus (thankfully not a cycling hiatus as I have to fit in that wedding dress)! Proud of you for lacing up again!

    ReplyDelete